Dental Hygiene Clinical Experience
- Provided oral prophylactic services with geriatric, pediatric, adolescent, medically compromised patients, and a unique assortment of personality types.
- Removed calculus, stains and plaque using ultrasonic scalers, hand and rotary instruments.
- Efficiently took, developed, and interpreted traditional and digital X-rays (sensors and plates).
- Successfully delivered local anesthetic to a diverse population.
- Performed thorough oral health assessments, dental cancer screenings, and nutritional counseling.
- Provided preventative services: effectively applied sealants and fluoride varnish.
- Documented and presented treatment plans to patients.
- Placed and finished Class I-V amalgam and composite restorations.
- Registered and scheduled patients by obtaining biographical, insurance, and health history information.
- Reviewed and taught home care techniques through demonstration.
- Ensured patient safety by utilizing radiation protective devices and Standard Infection Control precautions.
- Confidentially and compassionately interacted with patients and staff.
- Thoroughly sterilized instruments and promptly sanitized rooms.
Other Relevant experience
- Organized and ran front office including scheduling, intensive bookkeeping, insurance billing, accounts payable/receivable using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, Epic (OCHIN), and Eaglesoft
- Efficiently utilized and updated policies, procedures, and product changes.
- Maintained and updated Medical Emergency kit.
- Transcribed doctors’ orders and ensured appropriate forms and signatures were obtained. Ordered and clarified that all labs and procedures were under way.
- Professionally balanced multiple priorities with ease. Interacted with people who need immediate help, while attending to the daily essential job function with limited supervision.